Monday, December 3, 2007

here we are, another week in!

This week I was in the middle of my church ministry class. Once again, we spent many long hours every day taking notes, writing papers, etc etc etc. It was a really good class, and as usual I've come away from it a wiser man than before. We talked alot about spiritual gifts and how thye are used in the church, church history, effective church ministry, and current trends in the church. It was pretty broad, and a lot of information that I will be digesting for some time.

Youth Group on Friday night consisted of some cookie baking and decorating, some games, and lots of good times. A guy from New Zealand came in to leads the devotion. Unfortunately I didn't get to sit in on it; I was preparing the kitchen for cookie-making madness. The kids seemed to enjoy themselves though, and it was a nice way to finish off the year. There will be no youth group this Friday due to the church's Chritmas Banquet.

On Saturday it started to snow, and it never really stopped until late Sunday night! Church was cancelled (these west-coasters cant handle their weather very well, I've driven from Minto to Fredericton in that), so a few of us Kaleo gathered for some worship in the lodge here at Qwanoes. Unfortunately, all of the snow was followed by a tonne of rain, and a lot of folks are dealing with flooding. We got wind of a couple who's apartment had a lot of water damage, so we went as a group and helped them pack all of their things so they could move quickly.

OH! and like a week ago I helped for a partial weekend at the men's retreat. this part is solely for Amanda's benefit....ya catch that Amanda?

anyway, It's a blast and a half here and I love it, but I'm looking forward to getting home for Christmas and seeing friends and such. peace and love amigos!

-rob

No comments: