Hey hey hey!
Well, it has been yet another unbelievably busy week. From Monday to Wednesday we had Hermeneutics, which is basically the spiritual reading of scripture. It was a good class, but very draining, as we had assignments every night due the next morning and were in class from 9 until late afternoon every day. In addition, all the post course work for Spiritual Formation was due today (Sunday Nov. 4th) at 5:30 pm, so I've been packing in a huge amount of essay writing and research in my spare time.
Friday night was Youth Night, and we had a progressive dinner at the church for the kids, but instead of going house to house we had special challenges for them as they ate there in the church. For the entree they couldn't use their hands, once they had to feed their neighbour, once they were tied together, once they had to use a crazy utensil selected from a list that was written in various other languages. It was very fun. I again had the opportunity to share a little bible lesson with them. In past weeks I stayed fairly light and had simple object lessons for them. However, this week I really felt that God wanted them to hear something a bit more direct and pointed, something that would catch their attention and speak directly to their lives. The fact is, these kids go to school every day in a world hostile toward Christianity but very open to spirituality. This leaves them open to a vast variety of influences that are no less spiritual but very far from God. I think it went over well, and it was really encouraging to get some positive feed-back from some of the parents that stayed to help with food preparation.
This Sunday I got to stay in the church service and hear from the pastor, which was a nice change from going into Sunday School. It's important for the leaders to get fed too, y'know? I sometimes wonder how pastors can do it; always giving but never receiving. I think I am beginning to develop an appreciation for the rigors of full-time ministry.
It was a good week but very hectic. I'm looking forward to relaxing a bit this coming week. Anywho, that's all for now kids.
Laterdays
-Rob
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment