Monday, October 15, 2007

October Madness!!!

Hello!

This weekend has certainly been a blur of activity! Friday night we had our youth group at Ladysmith Baptist. There were about ten kids who came out for our games night, and we had lots of fun sticking corn pops to heads covered in shaving cream and wrapping everybody up in toilet paper! Catherine talked about Love and God's desire for us to love Him with all our heart, and the kids sat relatively still for the duration of the discussion (a victory, I assure you).

Sunday I went to church, and got up on stage with the other Kaleo students to share with the church how they could help the Youth ministry by offering drives and assistance with supervision. Little did we know, A woman who had been in a mision field in the US had just moved to Ladysmith and was trying to find a ministry that she could become involved in at the church! It was literally a match made in heaven, and she glady volunteered to help in every way that she could! I also got to help teach a Kings Kidz class, which is always entertaining. It's interesting to note the differences in the way this church conducts their Sunday School in comparison to good ol' Minto.

Other than working at church, we've all been slaving away at our regular school work in an effort to complete course work from Spiritual Development and Camp Ministry, and in preparation for Hermeneutics. You can pray that I'll have the good time management skills to get everything done on time, and enough insight to make it all relatively coherent! Also, pray for good health. I've been a tad under the weather lately, and in small communities like this one illness can spread unbelievably quickly.

Take care!

-Rob

2 comments:

Jessica Simmons said...

:D Now I can leave you comments, MWAHAHA!

Hope all is well, I still havn't sent my letter. I'm lazy :3

Gary and Carol said...

Hi Rob,
I received your blog site from your mom. Sounds like everything is going well and you are very busy!! Gary and I think of you often and are praying for you.
Carol