Well, today I got to totally wing a Kings Kidz class! I was scheduled to sit in and be shown the ropes, but the teachers didn't show up. So myself and a lady from the church had the privilege of talking to the children about the fruits of the spirit. I obviously wasn't prepared to teach a half hour class to ten children, but we got along just fine! It was really neat, as I relied on the Holy Spirit to help me show the children how He could work in their lives.
This week I've had a lot of opportunity to practice teaching and speaking to small groups of children. I've seen a lot of answers to quick prayers, as I pray for patience, for the right words to say, or for the attentiveness of the children. There are a couple of children from some confusing but clearly troubling backgrounds that I've been praying earnestly for. I'm praying that somehow we will have the opportunity to reach out to their parents, especially one boy who comes and goes every Friday on a bicycle, and two girls who's mother refuses to pick them up in the church parking lot.
I am so confident that I will see God working in some pretty cool ways in this group of kids.
Laterdays
-Rob
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment